The leasing lifecycle tool is the first step in a process for the BBP’s collaborative approach to its projects:
- collect existing industry best practice
- identify issues and missing links
- fill the gaps
- sense-check with industry
- deliver practical tools
- build the evidence base
Following the leasing lifecycle tool’s creation, the BBP has filled key missing links and gaps needed by industry:
- “Why choose high-performing buildings?” factsheet
- CitySwitch reviewed the overwhelming body of evidence published over the past decade drawing a clear link between best practice indoor environment and the savings that can be gained from healthy, happy and productive staff. This factsheet outlines the value of high-performing buildings for tenants.
- Templates for site selection briefs
- Building performance outcomes, which can reduce outgoings and total cost of occupancy, are often lost during the specification process when selecting a site. These templates include simple tables to request information from tenant representatives to owners, based on industry quality standards found in A Guide to Office Building Quality 2012.
- BBP model lease clauses
- The Model Lease Clauses are designed to encourage constructive collaboration between landlord, occupant and building manager to enhance workplace efficiency and productivity, reduce outgoings and help deliver high-performance workplaces. They have been developed through extensive industry consultation with leading owners, tenants and lawyers in association with Sparke Helmore Lawyers.