BBP annual report released – collaborating towards net zero
With a massive 2.7 million square metres of space in Sydney’s CBD, the BBP’s influence continues to expand. Download our Annual Report to find out how we worked together and our projects on the horizon.
Representing more than half of Sydney’s commercial floor space in the city centre – a massive 2.7 million sqm – the BBP demonstrates how collective action can unlock complex barriers and drive change.
This collective action has driven some impressive results:
- 52% fewer emissions
- 43% less energy consumed
- 36% less water used
- 1 megatonnes of carbon emissions saved
- 6 gigalitres of water saved
- 8,000 tonnes of rehomed furniture
- 94% of premium property owners now use green leases.
Together, our sights are now squarely set on a carbon positive future. Looking ahead, members of the BBP have made five big commitments for 2018:
- Net zero: Demonstrate exemplar pathways to reach carbon positive and increase renewable energy generation
- Waste excellence: Support the uptake of the NABERS Waste tool and GECA certification as industry standard
- Defit recovery: Work towards 80 per cent defit recovery and demonstrate viable new material from furniture waste
- Engage tenants: Create market demand for carbon positive by working with tenants and occupant communities
- Data insights: Explore insights from improved data collection.
To read about the BBP’s collective achievements in 2017, download our Annual Report.
Watch the recent ABC News coverage featuring the Partnership and its achievements.